Oh, Emma! You have captured my heart and soul. How could I have ever predicted that a seventeen-year-old girl would become the blazing emblematic representation for Today’s Empowered Woman?
Here are the Goals for Today’s Empowered Woman listed on the About page: https://todaysempoweredwoman.com/about/
- Make smart decisions in complex situations.
- Stand up and speak out with integrity for what’s right.
- Can respectfully refuse challenging requests.
- Manage life with thoughtful insight, focused direction, and mutual respect.
- Meet crisis with strength and stability.
- Leverage hardship into growth and enlightenment.
- Achieve understanding and benefit in the face of betrayal and deception.
- Demonstrate an abundance of self-esteem and compassion for others.
Emma Gonzalez is the shining representation of each of these goals. The unacceptable tragedy that gave birth to her courage and voice must be recognized and rectified. Her tears must be our tears.
We are all responsible. We must all speak truth to power. We all have to demand change.
Emma, you give us hope. You inspire us. You stand for all that matters. Thank you.
With empowered words and in solidarity, Cindy